Followers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Let us learn English!

Assalamualaikum wbt ^___^

As the title suggested, let us learn a bit regarding English. Well, i would like to share some tips regarding how do i learn English. but a clear clarification should be make. I, myself, am not a flawless or top notch students in English. it is simply just that I would like to share what I usually do to learn English.

Well, for an average Malaysian students, how long had you spend to learn English? I would rather say that I myself started learning this language at the age of 7 years old, on the first standard of primary school. back then, it was certainly not an easy task on learning english. well, it never became easy, and will never be easy. haha. but it's ok, keep on trying, there's no shortcuts to be successful. oh, I am terribly sorry, I have to elaborate a bit on my own history, so I hoped that dear faithful readers could bear with me a bit. hehe. back then at the primary school. my English was so-so. Means that it is just an average level, not that good frankly speaking. alhamdulillah, my UPSR's english result was ok, and it helps me to continue my studies at SAS.

at SAS, i met a number of mates that are well-literate in English. wari, alwi, azahari, faiz salihu, hariz,  ucop, amien and the list continues...seriously I adored them and being jealous with them..and I tried to be like them...although I am nowhere near their level, but alhamdulillah, im better now from the old times ^__^...

ok...now to the main parts...my bad for all the stories, i missed all those moments..hehe..ok for the tips...well, this post is somehow unplanned and very sudden..so I do not have points to be specifically assigned..but I rather tell them in paragraphs..and I will later try to sum it up...okay?

the very first, important tip, is :

"Read through the English materials, though you may not understand it at all"

well, what is the advantage(s) of doing this? personally for me, when you read some materials (eg: novels) once, it is quite hard to understand it through and through. it is important that you keep reading the novel repeatedly, if possible, up to 3 times to thoroughly understand the story inside the novel. but, this is no easy task. it must not be done in short time, instead, make it prolong. so that you keep on learning through reading. well, sincerely I myself also seldom finished a particular novels thrice, became damn lazy after the second time, haha. but to be able to finish a particular novel even once, is a huge success..!! 

the second one, is : 

"If getting the whole definition is tough, go get the gist of it."

alright, here goes the second one. whenever you read a particular material, eg : an article; you might not fully understand much because of certain factors. For instance, reading an article regarding literacy of English. it is certainly comprised of tough-to understand, and weird, unique, high-level words or phrases. for instance , this particular word, "queer" which is an equal of the meaning of the word "weird", is not commonly used. another example, the phrase, "more than meet the eyes", what does it actually define? (ok, a bad joke. HAHA.) okay, back to the topic. the definition is indeed important, however, understanding a chunk of information from a material may also helps us to understand the whole issues that is being explained. this is extremely important when you have time-constraint to read, for instance, answering a comprehension paper for examination. you have to read fast and smart, get the gist of the texts or passages, and insya Allah, you will be able to understand the paragraph and can easily answer given questions and queries.

the next one, the third one is rather simple : 

" do not be afraid to ask and make mistakes, as mistakes are teachers to human beings. and learns from the past."

well, not only in English, the third tips can be applied on many aspects, be it academic aspect, religious aspect and many more. for English, as we are specifically talking about it now, this tip is important. but do remember, there are times when you does not have external support, you are on your own, simple example, answering English paper for exam. other than that, do not be afraid to ask and make queries regarding learning English. do not be ashamed to ask, as asking is no shameful things to do. wise people DO ask others. well, made up sentence, no particular reference.

well, those 3 tips conclude all other minor tips. but one thing is in common from all the tips. what is it? 


Yeah, true. It's reading. No other simple ways or shortcuts to be excellent in English. oh well, singing is ok, but reading definitely is the best method to be taken into consideration. well, a big congratulation for all those who tirelessly read through this whole post. yeah, it definitely is long. get a gist of it, if not the total definition. but do not be mistaken, I, myself is still in the process of learning. in fact, all of us are still learning, because we learn things up until our last breaths. I am no excellent English-literate person, nor do I take TESL as my courses at university level (I am a graduate of Bachelor of Computer Sciences for those who might not noticed about it). but insya Allah, I would be rather please to help others to learn English. let us learn together and I may have some new information for you, and you might also have information that I might did not know. may Allah blessed all you beloved readers who read through this.

"learning process never stops, it will always continues. until the last breath it definitely is."

4 comments:

  1. Owez tryin very hard (Ok, lie) not very, juz hard to learn dis language.

    How? Can u? B my teacher?=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely, insya Allah..just ask what you wanted and if I am well aware of it, I will answer..okeh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.. Thnk u then, sir..=)
    Eh, thnks folow blog i yep?
    oredi folo u back.

    Btw, we had same father's name la..=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh ic..its just my father passed away for quite a long time...16 years back then when i was 4 :)

    ReplyDelete